Coronavirus Policy March 2020
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is a top priority for The Flying Penguin.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and fully understand the concerns around traveling during this time. Consistent with our commitment to care, and to prioritize the health and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues, we have amended our terms and conditions as well as our cancellation policy as below. We still recommend and would insist that all guests take out comprehensive personal travel insurance and that they check the schedule of included benefits thoroughly. Most insurance companies have an option to purchase an insurance plan with a ‘Cancel for Any Reason’ clause which should cover any trip cancellations for pandemics. Current insurance plans that offer cancellation insurance may only cover this in the event the guest is physically quarantined.
The Flying Penguin is waiving cancellation fees for stays up to April 30, 2020, for the following:
- Guests residing in Greater China, South Korea, Japan and Italy with reservations at The Flying Penguin.
- Guests with travel plans that originate in a country that has imposed travel restrictions to South Africa as a result of COVD-19.
Furthermore with regards to guests not impacted as above:
1. Should a guest of The Flying Penguin not wish to travel for stays up to April 30, 2020, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this booking may be amended and moved by up to 12 months at the same 2020 rates.
2. Please note, only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher season rate, the new rate will be applied and charged accordingly.
3. Amendments may only be made once on any booking and may be made up to 30 days prior to travel.
4. Outright cancellations of bookings with The Flying Penguin will result in our standard terms and conditions and cancellation policies and guests will be required to claim a refund from their travel insurance.
5. We have the right to alter these terms & conditions at any time and will send out notifications of these changes. We are actively monitoring the situation and this policy will be regularly updated as appropriate to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests.